Imagine That! Unleashing the Power of the Imagination for SuccessSuccess literally depends on how people use their imagination. Exceptional individuals in all walks of life have the capability to think creatively and open up new opportunities for innovation. These are the individuals who have mastered the skill of visualizing a dynamic and successful future and then creating what they envision with optimism and hope. Einstein’s words have never ringed truer, “Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a preview of life’s coming attractions.” James Mapes, the leading authority on the psychology of “applied imagination,” demonstrates that success can be achieved by a clear understanding and application of the mind. James skillfully stretches people’s perceptions to see new possibilities and experience how their own imagination works. He guides his audience to understand that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around with us impact the opportunities we see and are the force which shapes how we thrive in challenging times. In this engaging, practical, interactive and entertaining program, James captures and holds the audience’s attention with a compelling series of stories, demonstrations and video clips that leave no doubt that – “you can achieve what you imagine.” Participants will experience applying their own imagination to craft a personal “vision” that instills passion and motivation in – all areas of life. The audience will leave this thought-provoking, fascinating and inspiring journey learning:
- How to apply their imagination to successfully achieve goals.
- How to craft a compelling, emotional, realistic and persuasive future vision.
- How to recognize and break through limiting fears.
- How to use core values to unlock motivation.
- How to take risks.
- How to manage change for growth.
True Leadership: The Neuroscience of Effective LeadersWhat is leadership-really? The business world is awash with leadership philosophies, how-to books and training institutes that can leave even the savvy manager perplexed as to exactly how to encourage employees to develop their own leadership style. It is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of what “true” leadership traits are essential for success. The adage “leaders are born, not made” is questionable, as it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that works for each individual. In this provocative, confrontational, lively and interactive presentation, renowned performance coach and best-selling author James Mapes incorporates his legendary humor, movie clips and an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five core traits of all great leaders.
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader.
- A guide for participants to enhance their personal leadership style and permanently transform it.
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clear and realistic future vision to motivate.
Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™
Patient Healing Therapy™ can be presented to all aspects of the health care industry as a keynote or workshop for surgeons, physicians, administration or nursing staff. This ground-breaking, interactive presentation is based on James Mapes audio CD Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™.
In this groundbreaking interactive experience, James utilizes his three decades of experience as a speaker, peak performance coach, medical facilitator and clinical hypnotist, showing participants how to help themselves and others reduce fear and anxiety – instilling a feeling of calmness, managing negative stress and improving immune function to reduce pain and create a healing consciousness for quicker surgical recovery – creating greater patient satisfaction.
Inspired by James’ own open-heart surgery, this powerful and heart-felt presentation demonstrates how to prepare patients for all forms of surgery by harnessing the body’s natural resources for healing.
Participants learn how to help others unlock their untapped healing powers. They will leave with a clear understanding of how the mind works and the importance of communication to create a positive expectation of the future. They will learn how to influence the subconscious with optimistic, affirmative suggestions. In addition, attendees will experience the importance of focusing the imagination, utilizing clinically-proven imagery techniques to successfully manage even the most difficult challenges. To deepen the essential, effective experience, there will be a closed-eye relaxation/visualization that instills calmness, hope and motivation for wellness.
Patient Healing Therapy™ explores James Mapes’ “Five Keys to Living an Exceptional Life”, learned from a combination of his research, personal medical experience and executive business coaching.
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH REALITY: If you can accept the reality of the situation, you can turn fear into positive action and control what can be controlled.
- ADJUST YOUR ATTITUDE: A positive attitude affects everyone – from patient to family and friends to hospital staff.
- CREATE A SOLID SUPPORT SYSTEM: Surround yourself with people who have a positive attitude and have your best interest in mind. This includes choosing an advocate to act on your behalf.
- ASK FOR HELP AND EXPRESS YOUR GRATITUDE: Friends and caregivers need to know you need them. Set aside your ego and ask for help because that is what friends and caregivers provide – comfort and peace of mind. Say “Thank you.” Gratitude is a surprisingly powerful force.
- CREATE A VISION THAT WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH THE CRISIS: Unleash the power of imagery to quiet stress and fear and create a positive expectation (hope) for the future. Visualization is a mental tool that will serve you for life.
The attendees will leave this thought-provoking and inspiring program learning:
- How the mind works.
- How positive affirmations and imagery induce healing.
- How to apply imagery to reduce anxiety and worry.
- How to “reframe” thinking to eliminate fearful thoughts.
- How to instill hope and confidence by crafting a compelling future vision.
- How to use relaxation techniques to improve sleep – before and after surgery
Program Length: 60 minutes – 1/2 day.