MIND OVER BODY: Harness Vision to Create a Wellness Strategy
Become a partner in your own wellness. Studies prove that how we think impacts our health. Not only have mind/body techniques become a vital part of integrative medicine, they have also presented us with limitless possibilities on creativity, innovation, motivation and leadership.
In James Mapes’ cutting-edge, interactive program, participants gain a clear understanding of how the brain works and the importance of communication to create positive expectations. They learn how to influence the subconscious with optimistic, affirmative suggestions, enabling them to look at their life and work with “new eyes.” They leave the program armed with practical strategies and valuable tools to control what can be controlled and let go of the rest.
The attendees will leave this thought-provoking and inspiring program having learned:
- The mechanics of conscious and subconscious thinking, how the brain works and the importance of focus.
- How to apply mental imagery to reduce anxiety and spark creativity.
- How to create and communicate a clear, realistic, emotionally-charged vision to inspire wellness and create positive outcomes.
- How to meditate in five minutes for mindfulness.
- How to recognize and break through the fear that impedes creativity, motivation and healing.
- How to “reframe” negative thinking to instill hope and confidence.
In MIND OVER BODY, James integrates more than three decades of experience as a speaker on creativity and leadership, performance coach, medical facilitator for pre-surgery patients, and clinical hypnotist. He draws from the latest research in brain science as well as lessons learned from his own open-heart surgery. James projects amazing positive energy and is passionate about educating everyone about the elegance of the imagination and the incredible power of the human mind and spirit.
This presentation can be tailored to your organization’s specific needs as either a keynote or workshop.
Program Length: 60 minutes – 1/2 day
IMAGINE THAT! Igniting Your Brain for Creativity and Peak Performance
What is the springboard for achievement? How do you manage your thinking? Do you know how to focus your imagination? Do you have a “future vision?” In these challenging times, success literally depends on the importance of knowing the answers to these questions. As Einstein said: “Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a preview of life’s coming attractions.”
Exceptional individuals in all walks of life are distinguished by their capability to think creatively and perceive new opportunities for innovation. They have understood and mastered the skill of “creative visualization” and communicating a dynamic, clear and emotionally charged future vision with optimism and hope.
James Mapes, the leading authority on the psychology of “applied imagination” and creator of Quantum Leap Thinking™,” demonstrates how extreme success can be achieved by understanding and applying these concepts in your life. James skillfully stretches your perceptions to see new possibilities. He guides his audience to clearly recognize that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around definitely impact the opportunities we see and the choices we make.
In this cutting-edge, practical, interactive and entertaining program, James captures and holds the audience’s attention with dynamic, compelling stories and demonstrations that leave no doubt – “you can achieve what you imagine.”
The audience leaves this thought-provoking, fascinating and inspiring journey having learned:
- How to apply their imagination to achieve extreme success.
- How to craft a compelling, emotional, realistic and persuasive future vision.
- How to recognize and break through “illusory” fears.
- How to use core values to unlock motivation and propel action.
- How to manage change for growth through visualization.
Program Length: 45 minutes – 90 minutes
TRUE LEADERSHIP: The Neuroscience of Effective Leaders
What is a leader? The business world is awash with leadership philosophies, how-to books and training institutes that can leave even the savvy manager perplexed as exactly how to encourage employees to develop their own leadership style. It is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of why “true” leadership traits are essential for success. The adage “leaders are born, not made” is questionable, as it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that works for each individual. Have you assessed your leadership skills lately?
In this provocative, challenging, lively and interactive presentation, renowned “evangelist of the imagination,” brain researcher, break-through thinking coach and best-selling author, James Mapes, incorporates his legendary humor and an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five “culturally and morally neutral” traits of all successful leaders.
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader.
- A guide to transform and enhance their personal leadership style.
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clearly compelling and realistic future vision.
Program Length: 60 – 90 minutes