IMAGINE THAT! Ignite Your Brain for Creativity and Peak Performance
What is the springboard for achievement? How do you manage your thinking? Do you know how to focus your imagination? Do you have a “future vision?” In these challenging times, success literally depends on the importance of knowing the answers to these questions. As Einstein said: “Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a preview of life’s coming attractions.”
Exceptional individuals in all walks of life are distinguished by their capability to think creatively and perceive new opportunities for innovation. They have understood and mastered the skill of “creative visualization” and communicating a dynamic, clear and emotionally charged future vision with optimism and hope.
James Mapes, the leading authority on the psychology of “applied imagination” and creator of Quantum Leap Thinking™,” demonstrates how extreme success can be achieved by understanding and applying these concepts in your life. James skillfully stretches your perceptions to see new possibilities. He guides his audience to clearly recognize that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around definitely impact the opportunities we see and the choices we make.
In this cutting-edge, practical, interactive and entertaining program, James captures and holds the audience’s attention with dynamic, compelling stories and demonstrations that leave no doubt – “you can achieve what you imagine.”
The audience leaves this thought-provoking, fascinating and inspiring journey having learned:
- How to apply their imagination to achieve extreme success.
- How to craft a compelling, emotional, realistic and persuasive future vision.
- How to recognize and break through “illusory” fears.
- How to use core values to unlock motivation and propel action.
- How to manage change for growth through visualization.
Program Length: 45 minutes – 90 minutes
TRUE LEADERSHIP: The Neuroscience of Effective Leaders
What is a leader? The business world is awash with leadership philosophies, how-to books and training institutes that can leave even the savvy manager perplexed as exactly how to encourage employees to develop their own leadership style. It is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of why “true” leadership traits are essential for success. The adage “leaders are born, not made” is questionable, as it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that works for each individual. Have you assessed your leadership skills lately?
In this provocative, challenging, lively and interactive presentation, renowned “evangelist of the imagination,” brain researcher, break-through thinking coach and best-selling author, James Mapes, incorporates his legendary humor and an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five “culturally and morally neutral” traits of all successful leaders.
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader.
- A guide to transform and enhance their personal leadership style.
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clearly compelling and realistic future vision.
Program Length: 60 – 90 minutes
3 UNIQUE HEALTHCARE PROGRAMS FOR 3 DIFFERENT AUDIENCES
MIND OVER BODY: Harness Vision to Create a Wellness Strategy For Health Care Associations/Professionals
Brain science and case studies of mind-over-body prove that how we think impacts our health. Not only have mind-body techniques become a vital part of integrative medicine, they have also presented us with limitless possibilities on creativity, innovation, productivity and motivation.
In this groundbreaking, interactive program, participants gain a clear understanding of how the brain works and the importance of communication to create a positive expectation of the future. They learn how to influence the subconscious with optimistic, affirmative suggestions, enabling them to look at their life and work with “new eyes,” armed with practical strategies and valuable tools to control what can be controlled and to let go of the rest.
James topples common beliefs about stress, recovery, motivation, pain management, communication and high performance. Participants learn exactly how to help themselves and others use the power of vision to lead, motivate, break through self-sabotaging fears, manage negative stress and heal faster.
The attendees will leave this thought-provoking and inspiring program having learned:
- -The mechanics of thinking, how the brain works and the importance of focus.
- -How vision sways the subconscious to create positive outcomes.
- -How to apply mental imagery to reduce anxiety and worry, recharge and spark creativity.
- -Why creating and communicating a clear, emotionally charged vision is the core of leadership.
- -Why fear impedes creativity, motivation and healing.
- -How to “reframe” thinking to mute fearful thoughts and instill hope and confidence.
By utilizing his three decades of experience as a researcher, business speaker, performance coach, medical facilitator and clinical hypnotist, James projects amazing positive energy and is passionate about educating everyone about the elegance of the imagination and the incredible power of the human mind and spirit. James keeps his audience involved and entranced throughout the presentation.
This program was inspired by James’ own open-heart surgery and based on his CD program Patient Pre-Op/Post-Op Healing Therapy™ and was endorsed by John Elefteriades, W.L. Glenn Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Yale/New Haven Hospital.
This presentation can be tailored to your organization’s specific needs as either a keynote or workshop.
Program Length: 60 minutes – 1/2 day
MIND OVER BODY: Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™ For Pre-Surgery Patients
In this inspiring, comforting and heartfelt presentation, James guides participants through a step-by-step process to prepare mentally and physically for all forms of surgery by harnessing the body’s natural resources for healing. To deepen the essential, effective experience, there will be a closed-eye relaxation/visualization that instills calmness, hope and motivation for wellness.
- Learn how to instill hope and confidence by crafting a compelling future vision.
- Utilize clinically proven imagery techniques to successfully reduce anxiety and worry and – manage even the most difficult challenges.
- Discover how a positive attitude improves immune function by influencing the subconscious with optimistic, affirmative suggestions.
- Determine how to instantly reframe and eliminate negative and fearful thoughts.
- Practice relaxation techniques to improve sleep before and after surgery.
- Acquire tools to manage pain and heal faster following surgery.
Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™ for Pre-Surgery Patients explores James Mapes’ “Five Keys to Living an Exceptional Life”, learned from a combination of his research, three decades helping people prepare for all types of surgery and his world-wide executive business coaching.
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH REALITY: If you can accept the reality of the situation, you can turn fear into positive action and control what can be controlled.
- ADJUST YOUR ATTITUDE: A positive attitude affects everyone – from patient to family and friends to hospital staff.
- CREATE A SOLID SUPPORT SYSTEM: Surround yourself with people who have a positive attitude and your best interest in mind. This includes choosing an advocate to act on your behalf.
- ASK FOR HELP AND EXPRESS YOUR GRATITUDE: Friends and caregivers need to know you need them. Set aside your ego and ask for help. What friends and caregivers provide are comfort and peace of mind. Say “Thank you.” Gratitude is a surprisingly powerful force.
- CREATE A VISION THAT WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH THE CRISIS: Unleash the power of imagery to quiet stress and fear and create a positive expectation (hope) for the future. Visualization is a powerful mental tool that will serve you for life.
Program Length: 60 minutes – 1/2 day
MIND OVER BODY: Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™ For Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Physicians, Nurses and Hospital Staff
“James, I want to thank you for the great presentation you made at The Grand Rounds at Bridgeport Hospital. It was excellently prepared and presented… Many who attended expressed great appreciation for your style and ideas how to improve the approach to sickness and surgery.”
-Nabil A. Atweh M.D., FACS, FCCM, FCCP, Surgeon in Chief and Chairman
Department of Surgery, Bridgeport Hospital, CT
More than 250 clinical studies have been featured in medical journals, including JAMA, The Lancet, and The New England Journal of Medicine, documenting the benefits, cost-savings and patient satisfaction of mind-body programs for patients undergoing surgery. Studies show that managing stress reduces fear, improves immune function, mutes pain and helps patients heal faster from surgery.
Utilizing this information, James Mapes presents an insightful, interactive program – specifically designed for medical professionals. His wellness strategy programs provide a new paradigm on how the expectations and thinking of patients impact the results of their surgery and ultimate satisfaction. He explores how to positively affect the subconscious before, during and after surgery through the techniques of NLP, hypnosis, visualization and mindfulness.
The attendees will leave this practical and inspiring program having learned:
- The mechanics of thinking, how the brain works and the importance of focus.
- How to use relaxation techniques to improve sleep – before and after surgery.
- How to “reframe” thinking and mute fearful thoughts.
- Why positive communication before, during and following surgery improves self-confidence.
- How vision stimulates the subconscious to create positive outcomes and faster healing.
- How to instill hope and confidence by crafting a compelling future vision.
Program Length: 60 minutes – 1/2 day