James Mapes invites you to live an exceptional life…
The Commitment to Living an Exceptional Life:
To achieve an exceptional life, a life of abundance, creativity, passion, joy, happiness, fulfillment, service and love, it’s important to explore, uncover and focus on the areas of your life where you need to grow – mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and socially.
Five Steps for Creating an Exceptional Life
- Ask yourself, “What do I want that I don’t have?”
- Clearly state the area in which you want to grow.
- Define a clear, realistic goal you want to achieve.
- Make sure your goal is congruent with your highest life priorities, values and beliefs.
2. Create a Clear, Vivid, Realistic and Compelling Vision and Focus
- Play the game “as if.” Visualize – picture – your future goal in the present tense. See, taste, hear and feel it. Here, you are already successful.
- Attach a powerful emotion to your vision. Ask yourself, “How do I feel having achieved what I want?”
- Focus on your vision at least four times a day.
3. Get Clear About Your Barriers
- Be courageous in defining and examining your fears.
- Ask yourself, “What would I do if I had no fear?”
- Reframe your mindset so you move forward in the direction of your vision.
- Manage your resistance and negative, self-defeating self-talk that comes with all change.
- Stop, observe and say “Isn’t that Interesting?” and then choose a positive, proactive thought.
4. Take Action
- Upon awakening, state one action that you can take today that moves you towards your goal.
- Commit to taking your daily action.
- Measure your progress by writing it down – everyday.
5. Create Support
- State your intention to those closest to you and whom you trust.
- Create a support system with those who can hold you accountable.
- Always remember that you don’t have to do it alone.
- Be of service to others and give the love you want to receive.
- Celebrate your “wins”.